Sunday, November 28, 2010

11/28

I'm tired.
Everyday I wake up at 5. Pray, and get myself ready for school. Then I'll have some minutes until 8 to go for school. I go home at least at 3, if there's no class that I should attend to catch up the subject material. Everyday I receive at least 5 pages of paperworks, and up to fifteen pages on weekend. I sleep normally around 10 or 12, or I sometimes stay up until 2 still doing my homeworks. I'm now all... exhausted. 
I'm human too, I don't have an endless stamina. I once ever thought to give up and quit, but I decided not to. I've already gotten this far, which isn't easy to come all the way here. It's been a year, and I realized I shouldn't have thought that way. This is the consequence that I must receive.
I have a goal, to enter the faculty of engineering in university, which requires you to excel in math and science. This isn't my mom's will or because she forces me to, but this is pure come from my heart, I want to enter the faculty of engineering.
Weird? Some of my friends said so. For a girl to enter an engineering, I got so many people laughed at me and mocked me. Well, there's this custom that a girl isn't supposed to do a guy's work. But hey, I love it and why can't I? My mom advised me to take medical school instead of engineering, but... no thanks. I just can't stand seeing blood and how the way it smells. She gave up and let me decide, but warned me about the consequence that I'll get. 
Honestly, I'm a straight A student. Since junior high I always on the top rank in class. I know everything in senior high is totally different in junior high. But I feel the obstacles and difficulties now are much bigger, now I have to do extra work to get those good marks. 
I whined and complained on how I get so many homeworks everyday, and I got no more times to hang out and play. Now I realize, I'm on my last year, final exams are getting closer, and I shall study hard. Maybe I should say thanks to teachers for giving a bunch of paperworks because that made me stay at home doing them on weekend instead of hanging out. 
You know you can do it, Renata. YOU KNOW YOU CAN. Just don't give up whenever you go through hard times. To achieve a big dream, all you need is to give all you have. 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Renata, please don't be shock if you're reading this, i don't know when you'll read this but yeah. I totally understand what you're going through. I'm in this pre U course which is much harder than my middle school. I'm a straight A student too, and i failed miserably during the first year of my pre-u course. I don't know how and what else i'm going to do to try to get back my good grades but i guess the only thing i can do is just be strong and try harder, to work things out. Next year is my final year. And my grades are still terrible. Reading this post it made me realize things. Thank you for actually whining this out because you totally inspire me. I admire how you work towards your dream that no one thought you can do it. Well, at least you yourself believe! Best of luck to you okay! I have faith, i don't know where it came from but i certainly believe you'll make it. I hope one day you'll just message me at tumblr and tell me "YAY SIAHEER I MADE IT!" I'm gonna wait for that. :D
    Your last line.. i'm going to live on that now. "To achieve a big dream, all you need is to give all you have."
    Love, siaheer.

    ReplyDelete